2/01/2007

Homestead's A Happenin Place... (AKA tourist in my own neighborhood)



We begin our journey, here... (lol) on the corner of Flagler and Krome avenue... in Homestead... they call this, "Historic Homestead District". It's a part of Homestead that I hardly get to visit - very important to note that the ONLY bookstore in ALL of Homestead is located in this area. Recently opened.

Since I mentioned it first, let's see some pictures of the new bookstore:
Spellb
ound Books and Gifts...
Inside they have =)

Here are some other pictures of the book store...


They sell jewelry and other gift items as well. And soon, they'll have some new fish in their cool salt water fish tank. It's great to not have to drive all the way to Kendall anymore and - if you bring your laptop - they've got internet!!! =)



So then, next on my adventure was Caribbean Touch, they sell comfortable, cute clothing, shoes, accessories - even incense (that smell GREAT btw).



Next door to Caribbean Touch is the Caribbean Chocolate Company - seriously, the best chocolate coconut thing I've ever had. And, one really neat thing about this store is how it looks... unfortunately today I didn't get to go inside because they were closed when I went by but... anyway, the inside of the store... it's so neat. Yeah, I said neat. They have these two lime green refrigerators that made me feel cooler just for being in their presence.


Further on down the road, you come to the Antique Mall.



In the front of the Antique Mall is Maia's Cafe... I wish I wrote the dog's name down... She was so camera ready. And I was told that she knows she's not actually allowed inside the store so she sits as close as possible without actually being in the store. Too cute.

Not only do they have coffee and smoothies but also food - Creole, yum!!! I tried the best ever frozen coffee drink. Thank you - Maia's Cafe! This thing was sooooooooooooooo beyond good. I wish I had more right now. I used to be against frozen coffee drinks but I think I changed my mind today.

There are several stores in the Antique Mall but I really got to only look around at two other stores. One was, 75 Rabbit Boutique - where everything is handmade - and way - um... retro. Very cool stuff. I bought Wonder Woman earrings... And I'm sitting here right now... coveting the "Alice in Wonderland" purse that I saw there.



And after that we have... BELLA CORA'S... I just love that there are signs all around this store that say "PRACTICE HAPPINESS"... I also LOVE Bella Cora's Natural Bath and Body stuff. Made from Goat's Milk. The one I bought was Rock-a-Bye, and I'm telling you... wow. I wanted to sleep right in my tub. Rock-a-bye is oatmeal goat's milk and honey, a soap free baby bath. WOW, I just... WOW. I've never tried anything like it before. Right now writing this, I had to go and open it and smell is just once more so that I could find more accurate words to describe my bathing experience. Very soothing... I've never used a product like it before. (I'm going to smell it again. )



That's all for now...

This has been adventures in Homestead with Joy. oh, oh wait.. and what else?

Another beautiful full moon.

No comments: